Open links in a specific browser or a matching native app. Easily switch between browsers.
• Use Safari as your primary browser but open Google Meet links in Chrome
• Open links to figma.com directly in the Figma desktop app
• Open links to the internal company website in Firefox
• Open Zoom meeting invitations directly in the desktop Zoom app
• Quickly change the primary browser
• Directly open links to certain websites in their desktop app
• Remove tracking parameters on clicked and copied links
• Open copied links from the menu bar menu
• Open Google Meet links in Chrome even if Safari is the default browser
• Press a keyboard shortcut to use an alternative browser
• Custom link rules
• Use a certain Chrome profile for some links
• Hide the menu bar icon
• Shortcuts support
• Handoff support
■ Custom link rules
Velja lets you create advanced rules to open certain links in a specific browser. For example, you could create a rule to make all URLs with the domain “google.com” open in Chrome.
You can also use this to open some links in a specific browser profile. It supports Chrome and other Chromium-based browsers like Edge, Brave, Vivaldi, etc.
■ Supported apps
Velja supports opening links in the native app for these services:
• Microsoft Teams
• Apple Music
• Jitsi Meet
And these services that do not have a desktop app:
• Google Meet
You can also add custom apps using the rules feature. I'm happy to consider adding more apps built in.
Note: It's not feasible to add Slack support as its desktop app does not support opening Slack URLs directly.
■ Shortcuts usage ideas
• Change default browser based on the active focus mode (see website for more)
Velja does not have a visual picker when clicking a link. If you are interested in that, please let me know (email@example.com).
Velja resolves shortened URLs to be able to match against the final URL. It comes with a large list of URL shorteners. Let me know if any are missing.
‣ What are tracking parameters and why would I want to remove them?
Removing tracking parameters improve privacy and also make URLs more aesthetically pleasing. Tracking parameters are used by many websites to track your browsing activity across websites.
More FAQs on the website.
You can contact me through the feedback button in the app or at firstname.lastname@example.org